2018 NVSL Officials Clinical Schedule
NVSL Training for Volunteers
The Northern Virginia Swimming League was founded in 1956 to sponsor competitive swimming and diving in and among the community swimming pools in that area of Northern Virginia contiguous to the District of Columbia, and to develop in the children participating in this program -- A love for the sport, advanced aquatic skills, teamwork, and the principles of good sportsmanship.
- NVSL training is REQUIRED for the following positions: Referee, Starter, Stroke & Turn. These volunteers MUST attend NVSL Officials' Clinics in the current or previous year. These clinics last about 2 hours.
- NVSL training is ENCOURAGED for the following positions: Chief Timer, Announcer, Hytek Data Manager, & Table Administrator.
- All other volunteer positions do not require NVSL training.
NVSL Training Clinics:
- NVSL clinic dates are listed on the attached document at the top of this page, or can be found at http://www.mynvsl.com/. PLEASE MAKE TIME IN YOUR SCHEDULE TO ATTEND SO WE CAN ENSURE A SUCCESSFUL SWIM SEASON!!!
- Training is provided free of charge.
- Clinics last about 2 hours.
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for a Certification Training (for Referee, Starter or Stroke & Turn) or depart before it's conclusion, you will NOT receive credit for attending.